LATEST COVID-19 INFORMATION
(as at 3rd June)
Following the implementation of Stage 3 of the Queensland Government’s "Roadmap to easing Queensland’s restrictions" today (Friday July 3), a number of changes have been made possible at Bundaberg Table Tennis. In particular, up to 100 people may be in the Centre at any one time, and doubles play is now allowed.
The usual playing fees for Social play and Junior coaching will apply. Payment by card is preferred. If using cash, the correct amount will be greatly appreciated.
A 'Player Preferences' form has been set up, but this is now designed to be for players’ information only, apart from Junior training sessions. The form gives a list of sessions planned for each week Monday - Sunday.
As always, new players are most welcome!
A reminder that any Senior players who join the club to play fixtures from June through to the end of September will only have to pay a $50.00 membership fee, which will be valid to the end of this year. If you know anyone who may be interested, please let them know and suggest they come along on a Tuesday or Wednesday night or Sunday afternoon between now and the start of the 2020 Winter season, which is scheduled to commence July 14 and 15.
If you have questions or require further information, please contact Dave Delpratt on 0418 526 968 or email the club.
At this time, the sessions planned are as follows:
Currently, social play sessions are held on Tuesday and Wednesday nights, starting at 7.30 pm, on Friday mornings from 8.30–11.30 am, and on Sunday afternoons from 12.30–4.30 pm.
Two Junior social sessions are scheduled for Wednesday afternoons (4.30–6.00 pm) and Friday (4.30–6.30 pm), while there will be Junior coaching sessions on Monday and Tuesday afternoons (4.30–6.00 pm) and Friday night (7.00–9.00 pm).
The club’s Para Table Tennis and Special Olympics coaching sessions have resumed, on Thursdays from 4.30–6.00 pm.
Please note that there are quite a few different conditions and procedures which are being used for the time being. These include:
- Everyone who enters the Centre will need to be signed in on an Attendance Register, so please go straight to the canteen counter. Please remember to use the sanitiser or wash your hands. You should continue to wash your hands regularly while at the Centre.
Playing: (Please note that these procedures have been provided by ITTF and TTA)
- During matches, each player will stay at their own end for the entire match, i.e. do not change ends after each game.
- Players should wipe the ball/s they have been using before leaving the court.
- At the end of the match or practice period, each player is to use a disinfectant wipe to wipe their half of the table then dispose of that wipe.
- Players’ towels are to be hung on the rail under the table, NOT on the barriers. The rail should also be wiped before leaving the court.
- Players must NOT WIPE their hands on the table.
- Umpire chairs and score indicators have been removed. Players will score their own matches. A decision whether to restore these to the courts will be made at the Committee’s meeting on Monday 13 July.
Other procedures: (These are provided by Health authorities as well as AIS, TTA, TTQ)
- Avoid shaking hands or other close contact.
- Provide your own water/water bottle. Water coolers have been turned off. Water is available for purchase.
- Toilet seats should be wiped before and after use, and the wipes disposed of in a bin. Please DO NOT FLUSH them down the toilet.
- Hot food will NOW be available at the canteen
- It is recommended that players install the COVIDsafe app on their phone.
- Players are asked to leave as soon as possible at the end of their session ("Get In, Play, Get Out").
- Depending on the number of players present at a session, parents/carers may stay and watch but must sign in as above and follow all the other procedures.
More information about recommended procedures can be found on the Queensland Government, TTQ and TTA websites. However, any questions or comments are welcome. It is hoped that the above procedures can be withdrawn and all club activities return to normal in the not-too-distant future.
All members are welcome to attend and speak at our monthly Committee meetings.
Meetings are normally held on the 2nd Monday of the month, starting 7.30 p.m.
BUNDABERG SECONDARY SCHOOLS WINTER SEASON STARTS
5 & 6 September
RADIOLOGY BUNDABERG OPEN